Saturday 27 September 2014

MARITAL INFIDELITY, IS POLYGAMY A SOLUTION?


 


Is Polygamy a sin?






Talking from the perspective of a moralist, Polygamy neither make a sinner nor a saint. If a man can be 'faithful' with them & take good care of them it is not a sin... As a liberal moralist!

But traditionally, I insist that in Africa, Polygamy is not our tradition. So I will not support it. And even if our tradition has supported it, it has no binding on me since I have pledge allegiance to another tradition that belongs to a higher Cultural realm... Heaven.

Lastly, base on my faith POLYGAMY is a capital NO! It is a sin to me according to my alliance and allegiance. So I will not generalize this issue... But if you claim to be of the same faith with me; or worship the same God with me then I believe our "is-equal-to" must be the same, but if it is not the same then it means we are of a different faith! Note: we might be of the same RELIGION but belong to a different FAITH.
The scripture is one;
The saviour is one;
The Holy Spirit is one;
Then our way of life must be one...
We might not mature the same way or be at the same level but our goal must be that "higher plane", the total maturity in Christ. My faith preaches and holds on to one man one wife till death do them part because Male and Female the Lord made them... Not Males and Female and neither Male and Females! Not Adam and Steve or neither Ada (an Igbo name for a girl) and Eve but Adam and Eve!

To round this up let me share this analogy with you. Take a pair of slippers (flip flop) and wear it like a two year old would... Right-leg to left and left-leg to right. Have you wear it that way? Ok. Then can I say you are wrong wearing it that way? No! It may look absurd or abnormal to everybody especially me, but all the same you are the one that wear it and you might have your VALID reasons that necessitate your doing so, but which don't make it right to me because of my sense of Judgement.

To me a polygamist in this century is like an adult that wears his slippers right leg to left and left leg to right. My first conclusion will be that that person is not normal either by mistake or by design!

"It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should AVOID sexual immorality; that each of you should LEARN to control your OWN body in a way that is holy and honourable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or a sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human bein but God, the very God who give you Holy Spirit." I Thessalonians 4:3-8

 



#polygamy
#monogamy
#oluthomas
#oluthomas_sharing_the_love

Your views are most welcome...

No comments: