Monday 10 July 2017

The Unspoken Words Of An House Maid

The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl

:
I'm a house girl
Well, that's what they call me
My name is Ayo
But in my life, there is no joy
Although there is no joy
I have to smile and act like all is well.
:
My Oga forgets my name most times. When I hear him shout: "Omo yii da?" (Where is this child?) I know he's looking for me to do one work or the other.
:
Work work work is all I do.
I have no life... I am just a house help.
My madam cannot do without me.
The only thing I don't do is bathe her.
I have been loyal to her but she treats me like a rag. And if I dare look at her husband's face when I greet him She'll thinks I want to snatch him.
:
Madam's children are treated like Princesses
I am a slave for these children Although they are same age as me, they wear pretty clothes but I have no choice but to wait for those clothes to become rags before they will dash me to wear.
:
Gateman and driver think I am their automatic entitlement just because I am a house girl
Why do people think that house helps will sleep with driver or gateman?
Just because I am a house help does not mean I have no respect for my self! :
Life has not been kind to me Misfortune has followed me from the day I was born. If I had a choice in life, I would never choose the life that I have.
:
Everyone treats me less than a human and I have no right to complain. People call you different names. I am the only one that knows who I really am. :
House helps are seen as witches, thieves, husband-snatchers, Gateman's girlfriend, driver's girls, 'slaves' etc.
But God knows who I am.
I do my best to make the house function, yet no one respects me.
I don't get commendation only condemnation
I am the first to rise in the morning and the last to go to bed, still no one ever asks how I'm coping! :
Life is cruel I must say
I hate to wake another day
Before you treat me the way you do, remember I have feelings just like you
:
Please share this post if you are against the maltreatment of house-helps. Every day they are mistreated, beaten, raped & even killed. They may have no voice but we can speak up for them.
:
Copied & Edited
:
:
#Its_All_About_Relationship
#oluthomas
#oluthomas03
#oluthomas_sharing_the_love
:
:
Https://m.facebook.com/oluthomasshare

No comments: