Monday 7 October 2013

TOP 3 QUALITIES I SEARCH FOR BEFORE I’LL PROPOSE



TOP 3 QUALITIES I SEARCH FOR BEFORE I’LL PROPOSE
                Here are my musings on what my wife cannot afford not to have. The idea of writing it out struck me after dating or meeting with many ladies but find it difficult to actually consider any of them for a serious relationship that will make me want to sign the dotted lines or pronouncing to the whole world that ‘I Do!’ One of my mentors, ‘Tunde Alabi of FHL Networks asked me if I liked to be “hooked up” which I consented to because I love adventure… I see it as another ultimate search! But he asked me what am looking for and or expecting; his warnings are that I be specific and at least give three top things I cannot do without or tolerate.
                After a serious critical probing, I find myself with these three points which to me are the pillar that can help the marriage stand and withstand any storm or rage like the wall of Gibraltar. Note: my number one assumption is that we share the same Faith! That is unarguable – No Talk without FAITH.
  • She must be helplessly and adventurously romantic. To many youth now, sex is now a tool to them to seal, guarantee, and secure their relationship, but not only am I totally against Pre-marital sex and love abstinence, I discovered that romance is the fuel and oil that power love in a relationship. Yes, romance does not necessarily mean sex. According to Merriam-Webster’s dictionary, romance is an emotional attraction or aura belonging to an especially heroic era, adventure, or activity. Romance is therefore an activity that fosters EMOTIONAL ATTRACTION. Sex to me is an insatiable end in itself, but what make sex satisfactory is the romance preceding it and after it. That is why they call legal sex making LOVE, because love is being created when romance is interwoven into a marital relationship. By now you should have know that the kind am talking about is not the necking and pecking of few minutes before a sex, but an activity that has become something of a reflex action that naturally makes one’s partner ‘fall’ in love all over again!
  • She must be highly intelligent. Intelligence here is not degree acquired, or certificate, but ability to be able to think ahead and be smart in listening and making meaningful contribution. Gone are the days when it is said that women are not heard. I am looking for a helpmeet; therefore ability to think in my wave length is highly demanded. Not mummy or girlish kind of philosophy, real mature way of thinking that can view issues unbiased from different perspective before concluding or making her judgment. I detest a woman like most Nigerian Senators and Honourables that are purely in the house as I Support members – no meaningful contribution and ideas of  their own than  I support what has been  said!
  • Lastly, for the top three, she must be forgiving!
I don’t promise not to offend you,
I don’t promise not to fumble or falter
I don’t promise to be perfect; though I will try to better,
But sure, I will make my fair share of mistakes and misjudges
Yes, I will not lie about them; I will own up and be responsible
I will confess them and work on them,
But you thou my wife, must know am not a finished product
I am a ‘work-in-progress’ therefore be gentle with me
Be prepared to forgive me in it ALL
Not like Tiger Wood’s estrange wife that demand $350 million as surety
But freely without string attached to it!
Yes what am saying is that there shouldn’t be any offense that my wife won’t be able to forgive me even without the intervention of the third party; and who will not nag about them or always bring them into view all the time indifferent situations!
 
 


Your views are most welcome...

No comments: