Monday 8 December 2014

I LOVE YOU... WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

WHAT DOES "I LOVE YOU" REALLY MEANS?


This was the question that came to my mind after I said the three letter word to one of my female friends after an intimate discussion but her reply, "thank you" got me thinking. Her reply hit me hard, then I question what should have been her response or reply? Thinking of other numerous responses I have gotten from other people with the same statement, launch me into trying to find out what exactly does "I LOVE YOU" mean!

 

From Yahoo Answers and other online site and Dictionaries, "I love you" is a declaration of Strong Affection; An affirmation of affection or deep caring Esp. to a family member; An affirmation of romantic feeling to a lover or spouse; A platonic expression of strong inclination or liking to a friend. In all what I can deduce is that it gives me the kind of relationship it could be use in (Family, friendship, love/marriage) and majorly the meaning of the phrase in all of the relationships is not EXACTLY the same! This account for the mixing and missing of its true and exact meaning each time it is said! Little wonder someone said the phrase "I love you" had been misused to the point that it has no meaning anymore! And I know a lot of people especially ladies believe that to be true.

 

But get this fact... The phrase meaning depend on the CONTEXT of the relationship; that it has lost its mean is not true but that both the speaker and the hearer might misread the intention.

 

Also, "I LOVE YOU" can mean something different each time it is said even by the same person! Get this, "I love you" is full of agendas, the agendum might be:

"I need you,"

"I want you,"

"I own you"

"Agree with me please" or "Now say you love me too."

 To some people through experience, their partner saying "I love you" to them have come to means "I want sex" or "I need some money!"

 My understanding now is that different people uses the phrase in ambiguous way and manner in their various relationships... to their family members, friends and even their spouses.

 

Conclusively, "I LOVE YOU" haven't lost it magic but both the speaker and hearer need to be more precise in its usage. Getting clear on what you really mean will help you to be a truly loving presence in your relationships. The people you love will feel free and even more loved by you because your intention to love is conscious and clear.

 

THIS IS SO IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE REAL MEANING OF "I LOVE YOU" IS NOT FOUND IN THE WORDS THEMSELVES, BUT IN THE INTENTION BEHIND THEM!

 

Parent, friends and lover note this... Never again leave you child(ren), friends and partner in the dark again... When you love tell them and when they trigger the love let them know what they have done to trigger you to saying it. And If you are the recipient of such outburst... Stop assuming if you are not clear... Seek clarification.

 

"I LOVE YOU" IS NEVER A COMPLIMENT BUT A DECLARATION OF AFFECTION!

 

P.S. For lovers "I love you" is much more different from "I'm in love with you"... Chose your words wisely!


#Love #I_love_you
 #I_am_in_love_with_you
#oluthomas
#oluthomas_sharing_the_love



Your views are most welcome...

No comments: