Sunday 14 December 2014

A POEM: VANITY FAIR

I CAME ACROSS THIS WONDERFUL POEM THROUGH JUSTPURPOSE BLOG AND I THINK IT WORTH SHARING!

Written by Abobarin Ikeoluwa who has graciously permitted me to share it on this platform.


VANITY!
 Close your legs mum says
Preserve your body she prays
Premarital sex can be safe they lie
Believing the lies they die.

He will marry you in the end they teach
Please wait till then I preach.
Condoms can prevent sexually transmitted diseases
Its no barrier for the spiritually sexually transmitted diseases.

I know you can abort the baby
Not even soaking garri in Jik and Harpic can abort the guilt.
Yeah those drugs can prevent pregnancy
Sweetheart mi, they can’t prevent shattered glory!

You jump from Kate to Kim and you think you are a player
Honey please stop making yourself a loser.
You think it’s a joke? Ask Solomon the importer and exporter of “hot babes”
He will tell you all is VANITY!







Your views are most welcome...

No comments: