Tuesday 23 December 2014

MY EXPERIENCE: BEING THE LAST LADY TO GET MARRIED AMONG MY FRIENDS (2)

UNRESPECTED
Our society tend to respect "the married" than singles. They believe when you are still single, you are not serious. A friend once asked me online " Bose igba wo ni wedding e" (when is your wedding) and I said " mi o ti se tan" (I'm not ready), guess what was his reply, he said O SERIOUS (You are un-serious)... so people believe, those that are single are the unserious and are people that are not ready for responsibilities. That is why people respect married man or woman of 21years than 31years old who is unmarried...
 Another example is my Pastor and the Reverend, the way they respect and treat married who are much more younger than I do is quite different from the way they treat me who is even more closer to them... So the society don't give much respect the unmarried.


The good aspect of it÷ Life is in phase, we have the positive and the negative side likewise the good and the bad in the issue of waiting. One enjoy waiting when God has place a task before you and you are able to understand it and carry it out. In my own case I had some younger girls with me, I do take them to life changing programmes and or meetings, and their positive response and feedback gives me joy. I usually put them through on their various projects, I taught them a lot of things related to life and health too, though it is tasking, but I must confess, I enjoy every bit of it!
Secondly waiting period is when you engage yourself in acquiring more skills and also in knowledge.
Thirdly waiting period is when you mingle, have fun with singles like yourself either around or on social network because when you are married there are limitations to your mingles.


The bad aspect
* Almost everyone thinks when you are due for marriage and you are still single (unmarried), you are having problem (spiritually).
* You will lack being respected
* You might might be made to feel ashamed
* Also with Feeling inferior to the married especially when you are the last person standing.


You may not enjoy your waiting if you don't have Dreams, Vision, or focus in life, and to carry that out you need a great supernatural power in you. Jesus the Christ is the one am presenting to you. All you need to do now is invite him into your life. He can give you new hope, He can comfort you, and give you self esteem when are others looking down on you...

Advice: * Get married on time if you have the opportunity, medically it is good.
* Waiting is fun most times, when the time of waiting is invested wisely.


WHAT HAS MARRYING LATE TAUGHT ME
Conclusively marrying late has really open my eyes to a lot of things in life both physically and spiritually which is now being of help and which will continue to be of help to me in the future. The first thing I will love to identify is
* It has really improve my spiritual life (prayer life and the knowledge of the word of God)
* It has given me a clear vision and understanding of what lies ahead.
* It has help me to cope with different people and tolerate them.
* It has prepare me for womanhood.
* My getting close to the married while still single and unmarried expose me to a large extent what marriage is all about through observation and various varying experience of friends and colleagues. though each marriage is unique, there common grounds!


written by Mrs. Abosede Omowumi Olu-Thomas.
edited.


Your views are most welcome...

No comments: