Thursday 18 December 2014

MY EXPERIENCE: BEING THE LAST LADY TO GET MARRIED AMONG MY FRIENDS

Good day to you my friends, I am happy to be posting this today, why? because this message someone's life story that might help others experiencing what she had experienced.

Its actually like interview but with only one question to answer: What does it feels like to be the last person to get married among your friends or colleague as a lady? below is the answer of Omowunmi Abosede Olu-Thomas


There are certain things in life that is beyond one's control, and one of those things is the issue of marriage. initially my target and plan is to get married at the age of 25 or 26 but issues I couldn't help came up which derail the whole plan as set and that brings about waiting for a long period of time.

So answering the question above " how does it feel like to be one of the last person to get married among my friends" to be candid, most times I feel ashamed , lacking respect, inferior and so on...

Being Ashamed
There several people in my area and Church that we both attend the same Secondary school then, some are my mate while am a class or two ahead of others and they are all married now. But there was a particular lady amidst us, I was in Senior class 3 then she was still in Junior class. We both attended the same church before I got married and she is married then with three kids...

Another example is÷ there was a day I ran into my primary school classmate (a male) in my area, after a long chat he said he is married with kids, and then asked "iwo nko....se adugbo yi ni iwo ati oko e ngbe ni" meaning "what about you ...are you staying in this area with your husband" the irony was that it is believed that a lady of the same age with a guy will marry before him, and here I am being an exception! So a times I feel ashamed of myself that I am not married when such situations occurs.

to be continue...

Your views are most welcome...

No comments: