Wednesday 21 October 2015

Before You Present or Sign Those Divorce Papers... Please read This!



I’m a Single Parent, and It’s Breaking My Heart


 
Divorce was never something I particularly wanted. And even now I’d be lying to your cyber face if I told you that I’m okay with it. Because I’m not. I’m not okay with it. Not with any of it really. I am a single father now, and I’m having a lot of trouble adjusting to that. I want to fall asleep to the old days.


So many nights come and go and all I want is to lay there in that bed again and laugh with the kids’ mom about how funny 4-year-old Henry was today at the park. I want us to relive how brilliant our 6-year-old Violet appears to us when she stands in the kitchen and tells us one of her beautiful stories. Together, I dream of us watching Charlie, our little man of just a year and a half, as he wanders around the early morning kitchen, pulling stuff off the shelves and wreaking sweet glorious havoc down all over our coffee time.

But those days are gone.

And so what I’m left with, what we’re all left with, man/woman/and children, is this storybook that still exists, but only in torn up pages tossed carelessly around the room.

Parts of me think that I ought to just get on with it. With all this #divorce happening these days, why would anyone ever listen to the way I feel and give a damn? They’d probably think I’m #weak or maybe too #romantic or something.
“Get on with your life now,” a lot of people would tell me. 
“What’s done is done, dude.”

It isn’t done for me though.
 I don’t care what anyone says, it simply isn’t done.
I was born once long ago when my mom brought me into this world. Then I was born three more times when I watched my kids be born themselves. So don’t tell me to just move on. Some people find it easy to forget all about something as epic as all those real and wonderful dreams that come along with the birth of your babies. Some people can move right past the idea that this was going to be a family forever.

Then other people, people like me, I guess, we can’t do that at all.

So before you present or sign those divorce papers, think on what you desire: Did you want your family to last or give up on those memories?



Originally appeared at Babble By Serge Bielanko

#its_all_about_relationship
#oluthomas 
 



Your views and thoughts are most welcome...

No comments: