Friday 23 October 2015

If you want to love and be loved, you’ve got to show up naked

If you want to love and be loved, you’ve got to show up naked.




I’ve struggled
Fought myself
Wondering
Whether to say it or leave it
To swallow or sing
Yet to be true
I’m willing to disappoint you
Scare you
Lose you
My ear hoping, aching for
I love you

I’ve always believed
Better to say it all
Better to say
All the rights and all the wrongs
Cross fear’s line
Spill my darkness
Uncloak my secrets
Parade my demons
Not viciously deny
But own them
Rob their crowns
Topple their thrones
Then maybe you’ll understand
Let fall held doubt
Dismiss reasoning’s shield
Lower anger’s bitter sword
Choose kindness and mercy
Shew difference’s chasm
Pull me closer
But not into your shadow


I’ll do the same for you
Over and over and over
Just let me see you
All of you
Because then I’ll trust you
And we’ll be free of fear’s chains
And our demon’s refrains
And I will say
I love you
I love you
I love you












And it will be true.



Originally published on cabotocallaghan.com.
 





Your views and thoughts are most welcome...

No comments: