Friday 6 December 2013

MADIBA: WHAT MY CHRISTIANITY MUST LEAD ME TO SURPASS

This isn't the time to be acting like Nelson Mandela is my “padi”, and be pasting messages like, “i'll miss you”, on social platforms.

Rather it is a time for me to reflect and meditate on what makes a life so relevant that it inevitably touches on greatness. Ruth Mopati, once his secretary, said, "Mandela was able to relate to people with respect and therefore he was respected in return."



Madiba himself made statements inspired by his philosophy for life, “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” 


He also said,“ a nation should not be judged by how it treats it's highest citizens, but it's lowest ones”.


 If I am a christian and I live my life by the dictates of the scriptures and {GOD forbid} my life can't count for values as strong as Nelson's or even more, then something surely is wrong with my Christianity!
written by Kenny K'ore


IT'S ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIP... INWARDLY WITH GOD AND OUTWARDLY WITH PEOPLE...




Your views are most welcome...

No comments: