Monday 4 November 2013

MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO ONE!

The Starfish Thrower
 
A star fish abandoned on the sea shore

Perhaps you have not heard the inspiration behind Loren Eiseley's story 'The Starfish Thrower'? 

He says: 
"While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea. 

When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. 
He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. 
I said to him that I thought he was foolish.
There were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach. One man alone could never make a difference.
He smiled as he picked up the next starfish. Hurling it far into the sea and he said,
"It makes a difference for this one!" 

I abandoned my writing and spent the morning throwing starfish."

You don't have to say because you can't help all you won't help any!



Your views are most welcome...

No comments: